Thursday, October 27, 2011

Slaves to God

When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the control of righteousness. What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of ? Those things result in death! But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. Romans 6:20-22


From Background Notes [BN] written by Pastor Bob Brown

Slaves to sin and ashamed of the things I did - yep, I can relate to that...how about you? It's like looking through a haze. The life I use to live seems like it was lived by another person, not me and it's probably the same for you. All the things I used to do, resulted in death - death to my spirit and separation from God. But that is no longer the case...

I've been set free from sin and become a slave to God! Being set free from sin allows me to pursue holiness.

Sanctification (holiness) has to do with the act of surrendering the human will to the will of God. Once this happens, human beings are free to grow and develop their relationship to God and to experience real righteousness [BN, 8].

Tired of being a "slave to sin?" Looking for a new life? Ready to "get right" with God? Trust me, it'll be the best decision you ever make.

A new life is yours in Christ Jesus – JOIN us this Saturday & Sunday as we celebrate with other believers who will be baptized into their new life!

Dig Deeper by reading the Background Notes created by Pastor Bob Brown.

Join us this week in Worship at Chicago First Church of the Nazarene -

    Saturday 6:00pm
    Sunday 8:30am & 11:00am, 5:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment