Friday, October 28, 2011

The Gift of God is Eternal Life

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

Wages - often, money that is paid or received for work or services, as by the hour, day, or week (Dictionary.com). It's something we earn by performing work or a service.

A gift on the other hand...that's something you don't earn.

Gift - something bestowed or acquired without any particular effort by the recipient or without its being earned (Dictionary.com).

Sin in my life means I've earned nothing more than death. It's my wages. It's what I've earned. Doesn't matter how much good I do - it's what I've earned.

But thanks be to God that He LOVED us enough to do something about our sin condition!

He gave us the "gift of eternal life" through His Son Jesus Christ!

Do you know him?

Have you received this gift?

If not, I pray that you choose this day to do so! This weekend many people will be celebrating their new life in Christ through baptism - JOIN us this Saturday & Sunday as we celebrate with these believers!

Dig Deeper by reading the Background Notes created by Pastor Bob Brown.

Join us this week in Worship at Chicago First Church of the Nazarene -

    Saturday 6:00pm
    Sunday 8:30am & 11:00am, 5:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment