Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Psalm 23:6

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

From Background Notes [BN] for Oct 17th & 18th written by Pastor Bob Brown:

What does it looks like to have the Lord as our shepherd. What does the Lord do for the sheep which makes their lives abundant?



Starting with the extended metaphor, we suggest ways that Jesus is this Lord who is our shepherd. In effect, we are asking you to re-read a very familiar psalm through fresh eyes. In place of the word “LORD” (or “you” or “he”) in the psalm, put the word “Jesus.” Ask questions of this newly imagined text, such as, “How does Jesus make me lie down in green pastures? Lead me beside still waters? Restore my soul? [BN,7]

Join us this week in Worship, Praise and Celebration at C1:

* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:15am
* Family Xperiance (FX) 9am

No comments:

Post a Comment