Friday, October 16, 2015

Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

From Background Notes [BN] for Oct 17th & 18th written by Pastor Bob Brown:

To overcome the fear of this darkness, the divine shepherd promises permanent companionship: “you are with me.” Along with the presence of Yahweh is His visible signs of protection, displayed as rod and staff.
 

Generally, the rod is used to beat back an enemy, whereas the staff is used to extract a fallen sheep from a crevice. One’s staff also served as a walking stick and enabled the traveler to lean on an external support. God needs no such external support, but he appears that way in his shepherd’s role. [BN,9]

Join us this week in Worship, Praise and Celebration at C1:

* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:15am
* Family Xperiance (FX) 9am

No comments:

Post a Comment