Monday, October 12, 2015

Psalm 23:1-3 (NKJV)

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.

From Background Notes [BN] for Oct 17th & 18th written by Pastor Bob Brown:

Without a doubt, here is the most familiar of the 150 psalms, and for that reason might well be the most overlooked in its depth. Our design draws from it the statement “He restores my soul” (23:3). And yet such a hopeful prospect must be read in context with the psalm as a whole.


 
In his published work, The Shepherd Trilogy, Phillip Keller (1920-1997) unfolded how a shepherd looks at Psalm 23, how a shepherd looks at the Good Shepherd, and how a shepherd looks at the Lamb of God. Written by a real shepherd who cared for real sheep, the material Keller presents flows from his first-hand experience with the protection and provisioning of sheep. He understands the environment in which they live, the character they exhibit, the dangers they face, and the almost daily work required to address their needs. [BN,1]

Join us this week in Worship, Praise and Celebration at C1:

* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:15am
* Family Xperiance (FX) 9am

No comments:

Post a Comment