Monday, April 7, 2014

John 12:26

Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

From Background Notes [BN] for April 11th & 12th written by Pastor Bob Brown:

And so it is that in our final study in this (4G) series, we focus our attention on Jesus the Servant whose final actions include a deed of startling service for them. In an unexpected twist, Jesus turns the social protocols on their heads by revealing the glory of God in an act of inestimable service for his followers...



...“leaving us an example to do what” he had done. The God of Creation proves Himself the supreme servant of all by doing for His children what they had failed to do for him or for each other. [BN, 2]

Join us this week in Study, Worship, Praise and Celebration at Chicago First Church of the Nazarene:

* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment