Thursday, January 9, 2014

Judges 6:9-10


I rescued you from the hand of the Egyptians. And I delivered you from the hand of all your oppressors; I drove them out before you and gave you their land. I said to you, ‘I am the Lord your God; do not worship the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you live.’ But you have not listened to me.”

 

From Background Notes [BN] for January 11th & 12th  written by Pastor Bob Brown:

 

While God placed before them life and death, they chose death. When they cry to God, His response was first to send the prophet to interpret the chaos of their otherwise deconstructed lives, and tell them why things have gotten so bad.

 



This is strong medicine, and, like God in Eden, Israel must listen to the voice of God before deliverance comes. We need to know why we are stuck in our situation before we can move beyond it.  [BN,7]

  

Join us this week in Study, Worship, Praise and Celebration at Chicago First Church of the Nazarene:

* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment