Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Nehemiah 2:12

I set out during the night with a few others. I had not told anyone what my God had put in my heart to do for Jerusalem. There were no mounts with me except the one I was riding on.

From Background Notes [BN] for June 29th & 30th written by Pastor Bob Brown:

Nehemiah did what he did because “God had put [it] into [his] heart.” In the Hebrew, the text literally says “God gave to my heart [what] to do for Jerusalem…” God’s leaders rely on the gift He places in their hearts in order to carry out the work He assigns them to do.


In the case of Nehemiah the gift was a firm resolve to see the rebuilding of Jerusalem through to completion, undeterred by opponents. Too much rested on the successful execution of a new wall with secure gates and the form of a new city rising up on the ruins of fallen Jerusalem. God’s honor was at stake. The future of His people was at stake. None of these things were negotiable for Nehemiah.  [BN, 4]

Join us this week in Study, Worship, Praise and Celebration at Chicago First Church of the Nazarene:

* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment