Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Joshua 24:15

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

From Pastor Wangler’s June 14th blog post:

I do know I’ve reflected on the “threshold moment” when difficult situations arose, and difficult decisions had to be made. I’ve thought about my Father when making ministry decisions that crossed a threshold and could easily have cost me my job, but that were the right thing to do.

Admittedly, it’s a stretch to compare a leadership decision in a comfortable board room with running into a house that’s just blown up, but a man can only cross the thresholds in front of him and these are the ones I’ve faced. Read more here.

Join us this week in Study, Worship, Praise and Celebration at Chicago First Church of the Nazarene:

* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment