Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Isaiah 35:3-4

Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.”

From Pastor Wangler’s June 14th blog post:

That night, I remember lying in bed at 809 Central in Tilton, Illinois thinking about the day. I was flooded with two emotions; pride and shame… Shame, because I stayed outside when he went inside. Dad never said a word to me about it, and I doubt if he ever thought about it, but I did. I was afraid. I hated that feeling…

… and made my mind up that I would never stay outside when I should go inside, again. I’ve never faced another situation like the exploding house. I’d like to think I’d go in, but I guess I really don’t know. Read more here.

Join us this week in Study, Worship, Praise and Celebration at Chicago First Church of the Nazarene:

* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment