Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Exodus 4:10

Moses said to the LORD, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.”

From Background Notes [BN] for June 7th & 8th written by Pastor Bob Brown:

“That’s just who I am,” holds no muster with the God whose name is “I am who I am”! Karl Barth wrote in the earliest pages of his Church Dogmatics...

 

...that the world decides in advance what is possible and then vets all other claims to reality against that standard. That is opposite to the Christian stance that starts with what is real (“a bush burns and is not consumed”) and then judges what is possible. Moses must learn that truth from God Himself.  [BN,6]

Join us this week in Study, Worship, Praise and Celebration at Chicago First Church of the Nazarene:

* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment