Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Psalm 66:18-20

If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!

From Background Notes [BN] for January 28th/29th written by Pastor Bob Brown:

Hindrances to prayer take the form of “sin in my heart,” the psalmist says: “The Lord would not have listened.”
 


Such sin takes the form of willful disobedience to a known law of God. This is not a question of inadvertent actions or offences taken of which we are unaware. To “cherish sin” literally means “to see or look at” sin, where the Hebrew word is the ordinary verb “to see.” That is, I’m staring at sin that is right there in my heart, and I’m doing nothing about it! [BN,2]

Join us this week in Study & Worship at ChicagoFirstChurch of the Nazarene
* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:00am, 5:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment