Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Jonah 4:9

But God said to Jonah, “Is it right for you to be angry about the plant?” “It is,” he said. “And I’m so angry I wish I were dead.”

From Background Notes [BN] for Aug 27th & 28th written by Pastor Bob Brown:

With abrupt language, God utters the words “But Nineveh…” He is saying, “Jonah, this isn’t about you or your creature comforts or your supposed protection from the hardships of wilderness life.

 

You are a solitary man, Jonah, in a world of many miserable human beings who have never had the privileges or opportunities afforded you! Look at these Assyrian households, numbering in the thousands, without the same moral and spiritual compass that has guided you all your life. Does it surprise you Jonah that I should go to great lengths to give them what I have given to you? Are they any less valuable to me than you are?” [BN,7]

Join us this week in Worship, Praise and Celebration at C1:
* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 9am & 10:30am

No comments:

Post a Comment