Thursday, March 14, 2013

1 Cor 15:1-4

Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures
 
From Background Notes [BN] for March 16th & 17th written by Pastor Bob Brown:
 
Proper witnesses of Jesus’ teaching would become the authorized handlers of the Jesus story.
 

 
They would hand that teaching down to the next generation of Christians as part of their discipleship ministry. Our English word “tradition” literally means “what is handed across.” [BN, 8]
 
Join us this week in Study, Worship, Praise and Celebration at Chicago First Church of the Nazarene:

* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment