Monday, January 4, 2016

Psalm 61:2

From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

From Background Notes [BN] for Jan 9th & 10th written by Pastor Bob Brown:

The poet is literally at his wits end — the ends of the earth, a metaphor for personal extremity. Like him, human beings end up in places they do not wish to be. Don’t we sometimes say, “I’m not in a good place today”?



We wonder: how can we get from here to there? Imagery such as this fills the biblical books, especially the Psalms where anxiety because of loss puts the poets between the proverbial “rock and a hard place.” Trapped, we wonder if we will ever again get “out and beyond” our situations. Attempting the same things in the same way without success, we succumb to insanity’s siren call. [BN,1]

Join us this week in Worship, Praise and Celebration at C1:
* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:15am
* Family Xperiance (FX) 10am

No comments:

Post a Comment