Wednesday, August 20, 2014

1 Corinthians 9:27

No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

From Move the Stone [MtS] written by Pastor Brian Wangler:

The Apostle Paul understood the struggle between body and spirit.  He recognized that if he was ever to find joy and success in life, he couldn’t be controlled by the flesh. 


 His desire was that the flesh be brought into obedience. The flesh desires only what the flesh knows; pleasure and ease.  The spirit however, sees beyond the pain of today to the goals of tomorrow.  It sees payday after the pain.  The only way for us to truly be free is to claim the freedom that comes when God’s Holy Spirit joins our human spirit and through its power to cleanse, sets us free from the flesh.  Free to know and experience God’s purity and power.  Free to run past the potholes and puddles of sin.

Read more here.

Join us this week in Study, Worship, Praise and Celebration at Chicago First Church of the Nazarene:

* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:00am

No comments:

Post a Comment