Friday, August 17, 2012

John 11:41-42

So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me.”

From Background Notes [BN] for August 18th & 19th written by Pastor Bob Brown:

Jesus does not choose to act alone in his work of raising the dead. He needs followers who will share with him in his grief for the world, and also in his anger at the damage death has done to the world. He needs followers who will roll away the stone when he commands them to do so.

 
He needs followers to watch him cry and watch him pray. He needs followers who will unbind those whom he has given new life and set them free. Jesus needs you and me. He needs his church revitalized and equipped for mission: a community of praying, reading, studying, worshipping, serving, and reaching followers in search of others whom Jesus loves. [BN, 7]

Join us this week in Study, Worship, Praise and Celebration at Chicago First Church of the Nazarene:

* Saturday 6:00pm
* Sunday 8:30am & 11:00am, 5:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment